…but what, then, is the pearl?
It always seems people have great New Years resolutions, are upbeat about change, cannot wait to get started…right?
What happens when the change is not so exciting, or invited, or dreadful even?
- You could run and hide.
- You could get all Northern European, dur even, and put on your boots and Sou’wester, ready to trudge through it…
- You could make lists of the positives in this unwanted change to make yourself feel better. (See what I’ve done here?)
- You could ignore it.
- You could plan, step by step, how you are going to go about it.
- You could give the task to someone else.
- You can go for a REALLY long walk.
- Bypass it as though it never existed and go on as before?
Change is good. Change is necessary. Change is exciting! That is my belief.
However, this is not what I am after today. Today, I would like you to tell me what you have done, would do, how you go about dealing with unwanted or unexpected changes…what is your experience?